Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sitting Here Thinking...

Title says it all for this one. I'm caught up on all my posts for all the races I've done to date and have been in training mode around the neighborhood. Things were starting to get a little "routine", I needed a purpose other than the sport itself to put some more focus in it for me. While at races and expos you see my organizations that do fundraising with runners and the thought had crossed my mind. I had talked with a friend that was working with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society as his wife and former coworker of mine had passed away two years ago...than this past December, another coworkers lovely daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia and now the purpose had a home and I signed on with the Team in Training program that raises money for blood cancer research. I was already registered for one of the races they were sponsoring for...the AmFam Richmond Half Marathon, so things were really coming into place. My goal is to raise $1500 for the cause and I had built my own incentive plan...autographs...brilliant right? Official (unused) tube socks and custom pictures complete with certificate of authenticity for anyone who makes a donation. Knowing that inevitably they could end up on eBay was no bother to me as long as raised the money for such an important cause...my neck has been bothering me more carrying this big head of mine around...hehehe. Having purpose now has spurred on more training combined with having an actual coach with great information for better running is bringing my game to a whole new level...here is the link to my donation page, please take a moment to check it out...Thanks!
http://pages.teamintraining.org/va/richmar13/nathanmiller#home



No comments:

Post a Comment