Sunday, May 26, 2013

Celebration Day...

The weight loss continued on…at a snail’s pace. I was out running constantly to that 100lb finish line that seemed to be moving at the same pace I was. On a day basis, my scale had become either a victory podium or the focus of all my curses for the morning. I took a permanent marker to it and wrote “Think Long Term” on it to hopefully dispel any anger on a “heavier” day for the most part it worked.
I got up on Saturday morning July 21st 2012 and took a look out the window. It looked like it was going to be a hot one and thought I should get in an early run before it became unbearable. I gathered my gear together and before I had to weigh in a per-run weight so I knew how much water to replace so I jumped on…226.0. A blast of heat rushed over me and felt a little numb for a moment. I stepped back on to reconfirm what I had saw and flew down the stairs to get my camera for a quick picture. The run would be slightly postponed for a little photoshop work and a quick Facebook post. I called Bonnie who was in Florida attending a wedding and was overjoyed at the news. Facebook’s network department noted I'm sure a huge spike in activity as the before after picture of myself and one relieved scale showed how I could in fact…run my butt off.
Think long term


Bonnie had been in contact with a journalist at work who was looking to write an article chronicling m arduous journey from World record couch lounger to a 226 lb running machine. We were to meet at Wegmans in the upstairs sitting area for some questions and pictures, but upon arrival and entering the room…there was to be no article…but a celebration of my goals. Family and friends had all gathered for a moment that I would never forget, in fact tearing me up as I sit here right now writing this. I was called upon for a speech in which I was more than eager to give. I said exactly what I had prepared to tell a journalist I had never met how much the support of everyone was one of the main catalysts to my success…and happy I was to share that right now with all of you, because for me the true way to make a healthier life is to have the right ingredients…on active goal to constantly keep the momentum of activity, thinking better of the stuff you put in you…I had Visalus. Lastly, the biggest part for me was the support and accountability, the motivation from people telling me how great I am doing and how proud of me they are…nothing could match that feeling.
What better for a weight loss party than cake!

A collage poster that now adorns my workout room

The spread...cleverly shaped into "100"

No comments:

Post a Comment