Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shaking all over...


           Some time has passed and things continued on the right path. I had made a program…a lifestyle change that allowed me to make my life better. I could get 7 miles down before completely crashing out from exhaustion and I loved every time I could push myself a little bit further. The weight was still coming off, not as fast as it had been of course. I equated it to digging a hole…the top layers came off easy but the deeper you went the harder the ground got and you had to put more effort into it. I had signed up to run the Monument Ave 10K in Richmond with some friends and had an amazing time, who wouldn't when people are cheering for you while running! I felt this overwhelming sense of accomplishment and could now see why people liked to do this…so what now?
Myself, Crystal and Eddie at the 2012 Monument Ave 10K
I talked to Laura later on and it hit me in mid-conversation…the Marine Corps Half Marathon. The goose bumps quickly followed with some kind of hot flash…could I do this? Laura quickly inserted with…”If you do it, I'll do it”. That sealed it…the next day at work while at lunch, I signed up for the race. In no time I had started some nervous shaking and had to take a walk around the building to calm down.
The training came along much easier…Fear is motivating and I had plenty of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment