Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hey hey what can I do…


            My dad always had interesting ways of taking care of problems with sometimes simple fixes. I have a brother that is two years younger than myself and when we were children would inevitably get into huge explosive fights, one time while coming home in the car…dad pulled onto the shoulder of the interstate and got out of the car, picked up a log off the side of the road and proceeded to place it on our laps in the backseat and continued our journey home…without saying a word. My brother and I were so confused that we didn’t know how to respond to this action…effectively silencing us the rest of the trip…genius! This also came in the form of another solution…for sweating. Tie a tube sock around your head…purely simple and effective. Like father like son I guess.
So I had measured out the distance from my mailbox around my neighborhood to a mile that ended back at the mailbox…simple. Without fast forwarding too much, that’s the key…SIMPLE. I remember the first time I did this mile one afternoon after work. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to make it. Stopped several times along the way and my feet were killing me when I got home. Remembering that Rome was not built in a day and focusing on the pounds that continued to come off…I was feeling the motivation that was not monetary but the pure fact of living better…who knew right. Boy little did I know how this would propel from here.

Tube sock guys

No comments:

Post a Comment