Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In my time of dying...


             Dieting…of course right? Eat less and exercise, that simple. We would have biggest loser contests at work and have fun in a competitive fashion for 8 or 10 weeks. The last year I did this I won by losing 47 pounds and earning $600! Great right? If you don't mind starving and beating the sweat out of yourself every damn day. It’s a losing battle from the start and every pound would make its way back to their home and even bring more with them.
Later that day after coming home from the Half Marathon I got a call from my friend Laura in California of whom I had worked with and dieted with as well. She had started working with Visalus Health Sciences and wanted to talk with me about how it was working for her. Interested at another opportunity I had given up on so many others I thought…”What the hell, might as well try”. So it began…pounds began coming off steadily for the first couple of weeks and I felt the energy levels begin to rise. The shakes tasted good and it had occurred to me that this process was even more simple than the already simple unhealthy lifestyle I already had…how great! It also occurred to me that this process could be accelerated by more activity like some walking around my neighborhood. Since the lack of physical activity had been for so many years…my current athletic apparel department was…well…the only slim thing about me and the fact that I could sweat while sitting in the North Pole in a blizzard. I had to do something to keep the sweat out of my eyes.


Biggest Loser work contest 2006:
First picture: Before
Second picture: After (32lbs)
Third picture: John Candy (the return of the fat)                     


No comments:

Post a Comment