Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What is and what should never be…

            The alarm clock went off at 5:00am Sunday morning. It’s unnaturally early of course but the unique opportunity was upon me to photograph the 2011 Marine Corps Half Marathon….something new for me. I had gotten a media pass and parking permit, thank God too since it would've been a hell of a walk. The race began at 7:00am with a burst of what I called “crazies” taking off on a 13.1 mile journey through the historical town of Fredericksburg. One of the first pictures I took that day was of the finishers medals hanging at the finish line…how would that feel…a medal being draped around your neck by a US Marine…kind of cool but never a reality for me.

2011 Marine Corps Half Marathon finisher medals

No comments:

Post a Comment