Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Good times, Bad times...

            The fat was falling off and I was getting surges of energy, people were starting to notice and that was a good feeling. I increased my walking around the block to jogging and eventually running, in there lied the issue…my feet sucked. Blisters and inflammation, a bad combination putting me on the disabled list on many occasions. I guess the simple fixes can’t fix all. Running shoes paired with running socks…knowing that thigh chaffing would be next I took the proactive approach to getting some tights to prevent what I believe to be a living nightmare between my legs. Eureka! The distance kept growing and I kept shrinking and before I knew it…50lbs had been shed at the same time my friend Laura had pounded out 40lbs of her own. The clothes were getting pretty lose and I was building a reputation around my neighborhood as…The tube sock guy…pretty original I guess. I had to learn a lot about something that sounds as simple as “running” like proper breathing with my strides as well as making sure I rehydrate along the way and eventually having to replace calories to continue to go further and further…I was having fun!

First shoes: New Balance 860

Thigh lifesavers!


No comments:

Post a Comment